My struggle with making crap television

Ok. This is the post that could get me fired if anyone from work ever reads my blog. But, considering I hardly post on it, I doubt that we are talking high stakes here. Nevertheless, I will deal if that (hope beyond hope) happens.

Here it is...I don't like the show that I work on. I think it is crap. It is repetitive, banal and therefore boring. Sure, we've done a great job in making a show that works. One that is number one on a certain network. But I am ready to fully admit that I haven't watched an episode since the 3rd season. Perhaps even the second season. By the way, we are currently filming the 5th season. I can't be bothered and that isn't a good thing. I should be more invested in what I'm doing. I know that.

Problem is I don't mind the money and I really like the people I work with. I like the people part of my job yet I need to move on!!! Everyone keeps saying to make hay while the sun shines, but this is what I have done for nearly FOUR YEARS now. The same damned show.

I'm coasting and I don't want to coast anymore. I want to feel good about what I'm doing.

Lately that translates into daydreaming about opening my own knitting shop, but Toronto is glutted with knitting shops. What to do?

I'm considering putting my love of wine to good use and enrolling in a sommelier course for future use. I'm envisioning a future when restaurants are doing so well they require the use of a sommelier again. Problem is I need to keep on with the drudgery of the current job to afford these courses. Pricey! Honestly, how was I ever a student before? Oh, right, I'm still paying for that.

Speaking of crap television what is up with the Top Chef reunion show? I'm considering canceling my Food and Wine subscription because of that wasted hour. Padma Lakshmi looks like a robot in the ads for that show in the magazine.

Speaking of robots...I am officially sharing my theory that Heidi Klum is a robot.

Comments

Popular Posts