The mountain of hand washing

I hate the mountain of hand washing that had accumulated over the last few months. I mean, about a third of my wardrobe has been out of commission for over half of the year. Well folks...I took matters into my own hands...but not exactly. I actually took it out of my hands...

I ordered some items from this website call laundry alternatives. A "Wonder Wash" which is basically a glorified cannister with a hand crank. It looks a bit like R2 d2. The jury is still out on whether this is labour saving our more labour intensive. But your hands don't get as pruny.

The second item that I ordered was a laundry spinner. Imagine a salad spinner about 5 times the size of a regular salad spinner, but now add a fairly impressive motor. Brilliant! The worst thing about hand washing was wringing the stuff out anyway...then the dripping...and the days it took to dry. And yes, I do know about the trick of rolling the wet clothing in a towel and squeezing out the moisture. Actually, I usually stepped on it as I found that to be pretty effective, but not so anymore! Now I can spin the heaviest knitwear and it is dry the next day!!!

I can't believe I am about to hit "publish post".

Comments

TCO said…
OMG, can I borrow those wonder machines?!

Popular Posts